Welcome to the Winning Minds Movement
The Winning Minds Movement is a social initiative which helps companies, organisations, and people improve wellbeing and performance. The movement is sponsored by The Waverley Academy
We provide education and training for companies, groups, organisations, and people. We aim to help people develop the mental and emotional skills for achieving, coping and changing by helping them cultivate winning mindsets.
Our education is based on three key principles:
- Understanding the basics of how the mind/brain works
- Understanding how emotions work
- Using 1 & 2 to improve wellbeing & performance
Programmes and education can be delivered at locations of choice through talks, workshops & seminars.
Training and education include:
- Wellbeing & wellness
- Self-care strategies
- Building mental strength
- Cultivating winning mindsets
- Developing mental resilience
- Preventing & managing stress
- Helping children achieve and cope in education
The education can be applied in many areas of life including:
- Mental health
- Physical health
- Personal development and growth
“To improve the wellbeing and performance of companies, organisations and people”
Not For Profit
WMM is a not for profit initiative. Proceeds from fee-based initiatives are directed towards the development of WMM, and our social initiatives in communities, schools, and society, including:
- Areas & schools of disadvantage
- Parent’s and women’s groups
- Young people and adults trying to get their life back on track
To provide evidence-based education that is engaging, interactive and easy to understand. We want to empower people with the skills and knowledge to: think well, feel well, be well and do well.
About The Founder:
Derek O Kelly is a Wellbeing & Performance coach. He is the author of a “Quick Start Guide to Self Care & Wellbeing”, and founder of the Winning Minds Movement .
He describes himself as an educational distiller, and is the world’s first Mental Wellbeing Explorer, dedicating himself to the research and application of best practice in mental and emotional wellbeing.
Derek is also director and award-winning educator at The Waverley Academy, where he has helped of over 8,000 students develop careers and businesses through building their confidence and self-esteem.
He is passionate about coaching, speaking –writing, researching, science communication, and simplifying complicated information so people and companies can realise their true potential.
He is a qualified teacher, sports psychologist & mental wellbeing coach – and has spent the past twenty years researching the areas of educational psychology, human potential, positive psychology, leadership, performance and personal empowerment.
He is currently studying applied neuroscience and brain health from The Neuroscience Academy Australia.
Derek delivers talks and workshops – and coaches companies, organisations and people towards wellbeing & performance.
His core belief is: Education Empowers
You can book Derek for talks, workshops or coaching at email@example.com
And find out more at:
Derek is also a mental health advocate and activist.
- Early school leaver
- Re-entered education at age 30.
- Turned life around through re-education.
- Developing education & training in the FE sector for over 27 years.
- Director & Education Manager, The Waverley Academy (award-winning college- 1995 – present)
- Founder – The Winning Minds Movement
- Education manager of sports & fitness programme for FAS & SDCC (1993 to 2005)
- Author (4 publications)
- Education partner with FAI
- Education Partner with PFAI
- Educational and Sports psychologist
- Teacher, trainer, speaker, writer, researcher
- Mental health advocate and activist
- Career, life, business, performance & wellbeing coach/mentor
Core value: Education empowers.
Core belief: Understand the mind and anything is possible
The motivation for Winning Minds Movement: To make a difference.
The Winning Minds Movement is a social initiative funded and resourced by The Waverley Academy – college of hair, beauty, fitness and teacher training – www.academy.ie